Wisconsin Woods

Workerman and I just got back from visiting my family in the Wisconsin Woods. Sadly, the woods ain't [sic] so woody anymore...

 My parents live on 3+ acres that they've owned for over 25 years. The surrounding (farm) land about a mile and a half has been snatched up by developers and turned into winding trails of "rentable condos" and industrial cul-de-sacs.  Such a shame to see this beautiful, pristine land turned into row after row of cookie cutter apartments. Don't get me wrong - development and progress are good things; however, this isn't the good kind.

This is probably the last Christmas I get to spend with my family at my childhood home, so I just took the time to sit. Sit, reflect and relax. And maybe, just be a little sad.

 My mom kept saying "You must be bored to death." 

I wasn't bored, Mom...


I used to spy on Blue Birds in this house // One one several Chickadees enjoying a snack.


up!
 

down.

Again, wishing you and your families the warmest of holidays and a Happy New Year.

xo. sj


1 comments:

  1. Sounds bittersweet. At least you got one more visit. I remember going home one year to find several of the old houses had been torn down to build ugly mcmansions. Really changed the neighborhood, not for the better.

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

ABOUT

Sarah Brackney is R&S Garden. A gardening fiend. She is no expert, she just gardens. Her gardens are her art. And yes, she has weeds in her garden; she just chooses not to show them to you. Thanks for visiting.