Weekend Snippets: Butterfly Bush



 Two tiny cuttings taken from my MIL's house this summer. One was eaten - one persisted through the droughty summer and early frost fall.


It looks like this now (left). I brought it in for nurturing this winter; I don't have a cold frame. Pretty good for my first attempt at plant propagation, wouldn't you say? Nothing special was used for the soil either... just some well rotted manure/compost and bagged potting soil. Here's to hoping it lives long enough to bloom into the beauty on the right. 

Hope you're having a good weekend. I'll be back soon with some photographs of my planted metal container.






2 comments:

  1. YEAH!! That rocks friend! I would say that is a great go!!! I have high hopes for that little guy!! All the best this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very exciting to have success on your first try! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

ABOUT

Sarah Brackney is R&S Garden. A gardening fiend. She is no expert, she just gardens. Her gardens are her art. And yes, she has weeds in her garden; she just chooses not to show them to you. Thanks for visiting.