Oh Phooey!


You might not remember this, but last month (or two ago?) I scored a clearance Amaryllis Apple Blossom on super sale at the Home Depot. Well, I've been nursing it into bloom and it finally opened a few days ago. Much to my surprise this is what it looked like...

 

Damn! Red Lion. As you know, I already have that one. I was hoping for those delicate pink and white petals! :(

Sigh. 

Don't you hate it when that happens?! 

Have you ever purchased a plant or bulb thinking it was one thing... and it bloomed another? 




4 comments:

  1. Such a shame that it wasn't the one you were looking for - it could have been worse - you might well have paid full price! It looks healthy enough and if you hadn't taken it home it would have ended up in the trash. So you are a savior really :)
    Was given the wrong shrub once, I bought it when it was dormant, as it turned out I rather like what I was given - so it stayed. A while later I happened to mention to the nursery owner that the plant was wrongly labelled and I got the one I wanted for free :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Score for you! Luckily the Amaryllis has been my only run-in with switched/mislabeled plants. Now, once my seeds germinate I might be signing another tune. Hub says I'll probably get all weeds :) Do you think I could use "Plant Savior" as my excuse when he think's I'm going overboard?

      Have a great weekend - everyone!

      Delete
  2. I bought several from wal-mart this year and only a few were what they were supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Those Big Boxes need some serious bulb quality control! My mama always said "Ya get what ya pay for!" :)

      Delete

 

Instagram

ABOUT

Sarah Brackney is R&S Garden. A gardening fiend. She is no expert, she just gardens. Her gardens are her art. And yes, she has weeds in her garden; she just chooses not to show them to you. Thanks for visiting.